These quotations are not written by me, These are searched by me. These Quotations are about Real Life.
1. Life is short. Be impatient and have a sense of urgency, so that you can achieve everything you want to. Also be stubborn with your time, it’s yours and there is only a finite amount of it.
2. Know what you don’t know. It is more important to recognize the things you don’t know, it will make you a less arrogant decision maker. Nassim Taleb came up with this idea of an anti library, filled with books you’ve never read, on subjects you barely understand.
3. Be careful with how you define your identity. Some people define themselves by their work, or their religion etc. But remember the words of Camus, “A reason to live can quickly become a reason to die”.
4. Be aware of your actions, and form good habits. It becomes very easy to delude yourself into thinking that your doing the right thing, or that you actually have good habits etc. Most people will not realize how their habits are very self destructive, as Warren Buffet said “The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they’re too heavy to be broken”.
5. Realize that nothing matters. In a hundred thousand years from now all of our actions will be insignificant.
6. Be honest with yourself. Sometimes the mind blocks off unpleasant things, so it becomes painful to think about it. But you have to face unpleasant realities, if you want to grow and improve as a person.
7. Read. People who lived thousands of years ago had the very same basic questions of the world we still try to grapple with today. And they’ve written about what they think, so go read it. The accumulated knowledge of mankind is far far greater than what one person can learn/think by themselves in one lifetime, so the quickest way to learn or gain perspective is to read.
8. Be curious. The world is fascinating, ask questions and try to unravel the mysteries! It’s amazing how people get caught up with grades/credentials/promotions etc and don’t even pick up a book to read or take some time off to just sit and think.
9. Realize that not every one is as fortunate as you are (this does not apply to every one). So try to help others out: friends/family/strangers.
10. Most of the time you already know what the right thing to do is, but it’s just that the right thing to do is often the hardest thing to do.